Saturday, December 11, 2010

Recap of the first ABC year

The ABC bakers have just baked their last recipe of 2010. What a fun ride it's been. I would like to thank all ABC members for baking along with me. So far, baking from Flo Braker's book, Baking for all Occasions, has been very successful. For me personally, I enjoyed learning about new desserts and pastries. There were several "firsts" (e.g. Chiffon Cake, Rugelach, etc). Flo's instructions are very well written and guide you through the recipe until the end; as if Flo is holding your hand until you're all done.

Although the Avid Baker's Challenge baking group was originally set up to bake from a different book each year, Flo's book has been so much fun with such a variety of recipes, that I didn't want to let it go yet. I feel we barely scratched the surface on this wonderful book. It came as no surprise to me that when I solicited input from ABC members, that the majority voted to continue baking from this book in the year 2011. And we shall :o)

If you would like to join us, please read about the rules HERE and then email me at HanaasKitchen [at] live [dot] com.

Here are the recipes we made in the year 2010:

1 comment:

  1. Lemon-Scented Pull-Apart Coffee Cake was my favorite to read about! It's still on my list of things to make which keeps getting longer and longer!

    ReplyDelete